- New Store architecture significantly improves performance of store tasks and protection plans.
- Store Purge tasks run up to ten times faster that in previous versions of the software.
- Store Copy and Verify tasks run up to four times faster than in previous versions of the software.
- Protection Plans run up to 30% faster than in previous versions of the software.
- Previous-version ("legacy") stores can easily be converted by clicking a button on the store's Property page.
- A new Scheduled Restore task-type allows for keeping a mirror image of a computer (or VM) for standby recovery or DR testing.
Windows Scheduler 2.0 Integration
- Allows for advanced triggers, actions, and conditions to be configured for scheduled tasks.
- Scheduled tasks can be executed from Powershell scripts.
- A task can be configured to wake a computer from sleep or hibernation, or a task can be attached to a specific system event. For example, a Purge task could be configured to run when disk space gets low.
Standalone Tape Drive Support
- Allows for vaulting to standalone tape devices with similar capability as the current tape autoloader support.
Linear Tape File System (LTFS) Integration
- Use LTO tape for storing archived data.
- Use LTO tape as a restore target.
- A new tape grouping called a Volume Set lets you group tapes together.
- Vaulting tasks are associated with Volume Sets rather than tape devices as in previous releases of the software. More than one vaulting task can target a volume set.
Storage node redesign
- The layout of the Storage node in the Archive Manager user interface is more logical.
Windows 10 Support
- Computers running Windows 10 operating systems are now supported by the software.
View more about our 9.0.906.1 software update here.